Are you a marketer? And want to know about Marketing Project Management, then today I am going to tell you about the Ultimate Guide for Beginners about How To Manage a Marketing Project. So let’s get started.
The marketing business has become more competitive in the past few years. However, every marketer strives for success and wants to go in the long run. Due to this fact, internal marketing teams and marketing agencies are working day and night in order to seek a certain approach to boost their rates of success.
There is a wide variety of innovative, great methods for teams to stand apart in the fast-paced world of marketing. However, note that if you fail to execute them and manage the team on the same plane, then sorry, you would end up losing everything. Thus, marketers are required to acquire Online Project Management skills in order to stay in control of the projects they work on.
However, if you are struggling to cope up with management issues or are new to this profession, then we have got your back. In this article, we help you cover all the aspects of the project management life cycle. We assure you that you’ll be all prepared to execute your next project plan by the end of this article.
What is Marketing Project Management?
Marketing project management is the whole administration and execution of an advertising or marketing campaign from the initial stage to the finish line. It aids you in keeping track of all the things happening, and corporate initiatives are completed on schedule. Doing so guarantees that the execution of the plan is done with the fewest potential mistakes.
Therefore, incorporating Marketing project management boosts productivity by giving team members rules to follow in order to accomplish campaign activities accurately and efficiently.
You may use Project management to oversee a wide range of marketing operations and initiatives, such as:
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Conversion rate optimization (CRO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Product launches
Stages of Project Management:
The following stages will help you understand how project management works:
1. Initial Stage of the Project:
Before you start your project, you must put forward your objectives in front of your client and the major project stakeholders. To do so, conduct a project kickoff meeting at the convenience of the client. To make these meetings more productive, make sure to remove background noise and consider other technical aspects.
It’s the marketing team’s job well to define the objectives of the project to their audience; your clients. Persuading them to agree on a stance might be challenging at times, but that is what you need to ensure. Know that once all the committee members are willing to complete the objectives, only then the project would proceed.
Moreover, it would be great to convert the objectives into the project’s goals as they will serve as the foundation of the contract. Finally, assure that your management team and your stakeholders are on the same plane and have signed the contractual document.
2. Planning of the Project Plan:
The second step is to determine a project budget and its deliverables. By deliverables, we meant the outcome of something that the project aims for and produces on purpose.
Primary deliverables are marketing activities and campaigns in terms of marketing initiatives for all the projects. Hence, in this stage, the project’s deliverable must be determined and defined so that the marketing team may then proceed to formulate a marketing project plan consisting of many activities. Know that the more complicated the project, the more tasks will be required.
In order to execute the plan, each member of the team is assigned to do a particular task. However, the task of assigning may vary in different projects. In addition, at times, the leading stakeholders may give tasks to team members, or team members may assign work to themselves.
By now, estimating the project scope or the amount of work required in the project must take place because it’s essential. Doing so will assist the team in planning the work according to the capacity of doing it. To make you understand, let’s take an example of a team operating on a tight budget. They can’t execute the most since they are low on budget. Thus, accurate project scope estimation is critical to avoid building pressure when you can’t reach a particular goal. In addition, try incorporating a project timeline while you establish the project plan. It will help you keep track and meet the deadlines effectively.
3. Execution of the Project Plan:
Now it’s time for the team to begin putting the project strategy into action.
During the process of execution, the in-charge must not only monitor the project management but also be required to look after the task management for the rest of the team. This entails keeping track of task progress and reporting on it. In addition, he is also responsible for generating new tasks as per the requirement and removing difficulties that prohibit tasks from being completed. Not only this, but keeping an eye on the progress is also essential. Look out If the project is running late or over budget, this individual is responsible for determining why and finding a solution.
The leading team or the member who is assigned to manage everything has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. Hence to perform the management task effectively while not compromising on the plan, he must look up to pmbok. However, management must offer status updates in reports to top stakeholders and with the whole team to ensure that everyone is on the same plane.
4. Evaluation stage:
This is the last stage of the project. Now the marketing team’s connection with the project will be determined. When the work is presented to the client as a whole, the project may be considered finished. However, if your marketing team works on a retainer basis for the clients, then the final stage must involve an assessment process. It is essential for campaign strategies that need to be improved regularly because assessment results may be used to inform future campaigns.
Tips for better Marketing Project Management:
These pointers may assist you in optimizing your process and preparing your teams for success:
- It would be great if your documents, photos, videos, infographics, and drawings may all be saved or shared in one location. However, to easily navigate and for reference, you can add file tags to them.
- Better project management requires better communication. Hence, encourage open communication within your team. If individuals do not use open talks to establish a strong community, getting started with your project might be challenging. Doing so allows employees to stay confident when working on projects and to surpass expectations.
- Kanban tools are obvious and intuitive to use at a glance. Utilize them for projects with a few simple stages, and a large number of contributors will make the process easygoing. These tools are made to increase productivity, time, and effort on a large scale. One such tool that enables teamwork, team management, and real-time work progress tracking are Evisio. It is a complete SEO management platform that allows all the team members to work on the same or different projects simultaneously through a smartly organized system that improves task management with a progress tracking system.
- Before you take the initiative towards the project, consider looking for the available resources that may help you in executing your projects. Doing so will help you manage accordingly, and you’ll avoid going for tasks that are not possible, which means not cutting your best projects in the future.
- Establish SMART project objectives that are well-defined. Sharing these objectives with your team can assist them in understanding your goal and identify any problems ahead of time.
Winding up this article here hoping that the above discussion would have given you a clear-cut picture of marketing project management. So, take into consideration these tips and see how well you execute and flourish in your plans. And if you do not know about digital marketing. So you can watch this video for more information about this.
So I hope that now you must have got complete information about Marketing Project Management and Digital Marketing. Now if you want, you can also read this post related to it.
- (200+) Email Marketing Interview Questions & Answers!
- How to Smartly Invest Money in Online Advertising: A-to-Z Guide!
- 5+ Effective Way To Close Deals Faster Profitable | Step By Step
So friends, I hope that now you have to ask your questions on How To Do Marketing Project Management. You will get complete information about this. And if you still have any questions and suggestions related, then you can tell us in the comment box below. And thank you so much for reading this post.